Basic ski mountaineering coursefrom
If you like skiing, going to the mountains, experiencing nature to the full, staying away from crowded ski slopes and queues at the lifts, ski mountaineering is the activity for you!
Registration will only be effective after payment of a deposit of €70.00.
The deadline for registration and payment of the deposit is 30/01/2024.
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Ski Mountaineering And Freeriding
- Activity Level Beginner
Ski mountaineering consists of reaching a pass or a peak using skis, boots and bindings and sealskins as far as the terrain permits, and then making use of the techniques proper to mountaineering.
This discipline represents the most complete and satisfying activity that can be practised in the winter mountains, in which the thrill of the ascent is added to the exhilaration of the descent in fresh snow, in unspoilt and fascinating landscapes
The course is dedicated to all those who, possessing a good skiing technique, wish to approach the mountains in a different way in winter.
The equipment will be explained, the technique of ascending with skis and sealskins (inversions, use of crampons, etc.) will be taught, and the basics of off-piste skiing will be taught.
The fundamental topics of snow and avalanche safety will also be covered.
It is possible to hire the complete equipment for a day or for the entire course at a price to be agreed with the Guides' Office.
The minimum number of participants to start the activity is 4 persons.
Full course by Apline Guides
- 3/02/2024 3/02/2024 Ski mountaineering excursion in the Sestaione Valley (Alpe delle Tre potenze): ascent and descent techniques on easy terrain, first notions of self-rescue in avalanches.
- 10/02/2024 10/02/2024 Ski mountaineering excursion to Monte Rondinaio: ascent and descent techniques on easy terrain, avalanche self-rescue exercise.
- 17/02/2024 17/02/2024 Ski mountaineering excursion to Monte Cimone: ascent and descent techniques on steeper terrain, avalanche self-rescue exercise.